Monday 23 April 2007

If you can't stand the heat...


Jasper tells me that the competition over at Fuel My Blog for a new 'widget' is hotting up nicely. So much so, that he wants to have another bowl at this particular wicket. He's not a bad son, all things considered, and I've been increasingly surprised at his creative energy.

"Pa, your blog needs a good going over," he said to me this morning. "The design looks a bit lame, and getting an overhaul from those fine people at Better Business Blogging is probably the best chance you'll ever get to sex up your blog."
The more I surf the blogosphere, the more I think he may be right.

He also tells me that my blog has now entered the Top 100 at Fuel My Blog - Number 87 as of today, apparently - even if the newly emergent GenBires is breathing down my collar.

If true, then I am proud to wear the 87 shirt alongside such a musical giant as Rodney Atkins (currently in the same position at Billboard.com's Top 200 albums) and the atomic number for francium, which is apparently an extremely unstable radioactive element of the alkali metals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to jinx your chances by saying this one's a winner.

oops I just did

Anonymous said...

Why thank you, kind jinxstress!

Fortunately, we have a saying in the Blunt household: "It ain't over until the fat lady sings."

And as, amongst her many sterling virtues, Mrs Blunt does not count singing, it's a saying that has sustained our family during much adversity.

So, we will just have to see whether the esteemed judges at Fuel My Blog share your love of said widget. And we have a nail-biting whole week ahead of us, I'm afraid! How shall we sleep?