Saturday 7 April 2007

The Losing of the Plot

Much as I admired the musings of my former colleague, Thomas Hamburger Jnr, on the darker side of genealogy in the Birkenhead Beagle, I must confess that I don't know what's going on in his latest Harry McFry mystery.

Whereas with the Hartshorn case I pretty much had it sussed after the first few chapters, I find that I have reached chapter 70 without the foggiest clue as to who stole Laurel McFry's family.

Mrs Blunt has her own theory, which she is keeping close to her (rather ample) chest. As for me, I wish I knew. I'd like to believe it was the butler, but this particular character has yet to make an appearance.

What's going on, and why on earth is Lillian Blyth so obsessed with this Jonathan Harcourt character, anyway? If he's dead, he's dead. It's your fault for living so long, woman!

No comments: