Sunday 6 May 2007

I Know What I Like

Mrs Blunt and I have long since agreed to differ when it comes to the appreciation of art. She favours a more impressionistic style, whereas my own taste has always been reasonably eclectic.

Just this weekend, I came across a fine artist fellow who was selling his wares via a display of local artists' work in a shopping centre. His rendering of the Yorkshire and Northumberland coastline appealed to me greatly - so much so that I was prepared to risk the wrath of Mrs B by buying a couple of his works on the spot. It may mean one less visit to the beauticians for her each month (for a while, at least) - but what price art, I say?

It's a brave man who accuses Bill Blunt of plugging, but I don't mind spreading the word about this talented individual if it means more people can appreciate his work. Rob Wilson's website is well worth a visit, if only to see a picture of a man with a pigeon on his head.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr Blunt, you're a plugger [turns on heels and runs away]

It's nice to know that there are now several places I can rely on blogroll - you are a good egg and I hope not to be a curate's.

Anonymous said...

Sir, I doubt very much you and I would have much truck with curates' eggs. It's not our style.

Anonymous said...

where's the pigeon? I was promised a pigeon?

Anonymous said...

You mean to say you can't see those pigeons, nursemyra? There are literally hundreds of the blighters on Rob's homepage. I'm starting to worry about your eyesight...

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to say that Mr Wilson has (in response to the clamour) re-instated the pigeons on his home page.