Friday 29 June 2007

8 Things About Me (Part 2)

I have been giving some thought to how I might best elaborate on the 8 Things You Didn't Know About Bill Blunt - particularly since some readers suspected I was hiding something.

I'll return to this theme in due course, perhaps starting with how I came so close to being banned from the USA. I don't wish to give too much away, but let's just say that an historic plaque was involved in the story, somewhere along the line...

I've returned to this theme because you may recall that I only fingered four blogs of the 8 I was required to find to continue what Justin tells me is a meme. I've now identified the other four, so here goes:

Anyone who can get a much-coveted 'R'-rating for their blog is deserving of another look. My Pal Tommy Hamburger made the faux-pas of imagining that the blog was authored by a man! After getting over his acute embarrassment, he sent me the link to Fracas' blog, and I have dipped into her pages regularly since then.
I know she saves up her tags for rainy days (and, for all I know, she may well already have revealed 8 things about herself, but she seems the kind of complex individual who would have 8 more up her sleeve, somewhere). If she lives in Doncaster, we may well read of these sooner rather than later...

Next up, a blog which would get my vote for a Thinking Blogger Award, if anyone ever had the courtesy to allow me to choose candidates for one (again). Vahe Balabanian is an Armenian living in Canada. His Hyelog blog is a window on a country we know little about in the West where, apparently, the top 10% of the population controls 40% of the wealth (making it, paradoxically, perhaps more equal than the UK, where we were always told the top 7% owned 84%). I can't be sure whether he's one of life's natural taggers, but he lists among his favourite books War & Peace by Tolstoy, and has an interest in genetics. It would be fascinating to learn more about the person behind the blog.

My next nomination comes with some trepidation. Unica and Fiona wield an enormous power behind their blog, and manage to hold down day jobs, too! They give up a deal of their time to freely assessing blogs. My trepidation arises because I note that my own humble offering is listed for a berating in the near future. I, for one, would like to know what makes these girls tick, and am hoping that their 8 'things' will give me more of an insight into their characters.

Finally, wouldn't you like to know 8 things about Kevin and Sylvie Dixie that you didn't know? Kevin and Sylvie are key parts of the team who make up Fuel My Blog, which has it's own Blog. In a remarkably short time, FMB has become a 'one-stop-shop' where you can be guaranteed to find a range of blogs that have been categorised to let you dip easily into them. It's no mean achievement, and we must doff our caps to Kevin et al for their work over the last few months. Those 8 things will be pretty interesting, I'm sure!

A reminder of the Tag Rules
, for the 4 blogs listed above...

One: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. Two: People who are tagged need to write their own blog entry about their eight things and post these rules. Three: at the end of your entry, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names/pseudonyms/blogs. Four: Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

2 comments:

Kendall Johnson, Jr. said...

Kevin & Sylvie from FuelMyBlog tagged me! Now I'm tagging you! Tag...You're it... http://splice-here.blogspot.com/2007/06/hey-kevin-sylvie-thanks-for-tagging-me.html -Kendall

Anonymous said...

Alas, Kendall, I shall pass on this occasion, having just revealed the only 8 things people didn't already know about me.

Thank you, nevertheless!

Best wishes

Bill