Friday 21 December 2007

Condiments of the Season

I know some of my stalwart readers have suspected that my recent 'radio silence' might be part of some elaborate scam, and that I would emerge,in due course, in a North London police station claiming to have lost my memory. Meanwhile, the former Mrs Blunt would be living it up in Hunstanton on the proceeds of a modest insurance policy she had the foresight to take out on me just before we divorced.

Nothing could be further from the truth! I admit that the circumstantial evidence is all there - in particular, my familiarity with a certain Seaton Carew has not gone un-noticed by the odd reader or two. But that's merely a co-incidence, I can assure you.

Instead, my last few weeks have been spent working. When I hung up my quill and faced the dizzy prospect of retirement, I little thought that my financial circumstances would alter so much that I would be forced back to work. However, a divorce and the need to move home have both taken their toll on the old finances, and needs must, etc etc. It's been a shock to the system, I can tell you.

Nevertheless, the holiday season now beckons, so I thought I would take a little time out and wish my loyal reader all the very best for the holiday season. May 2008 bring you all the health and happiness you deserve.



As a postscript, I must gratefully acknowledge that I have been tagged by the estimable Crofty, and I promise that sometime over the Christmas period I will get round to inventing 7 new things people don't know about me. Or I might just re-hash a few old ones!

5 comments:

70steen said...

Merry Christmas & I wish you wealth, health & happiness for 2008 & beyond dear Bill xx

Crofty said...

And a very merry Christmas to you too Bill. Thank goodness you've not gone!

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

My dear Mr. Blunt,

May your holidays be filled with the peace and inner joy that is intended for this season. We certainly send you wishes for a bright Christmas and a Happy New Year!

"Sleeping Kitten - Dancing Dog!"

Anonymous said...

hiya billy boy! wishing you a very merry xmas for the nurse x

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Felicitations of the season Mr Blunt