Wednesday 29 August 2012

Tripe Fights Back!

Five years ago I reported here that tripe sales had been facing a year on year decline since 1953. The Tripe Marketing Board were marshaling their (admittedly slim) resources and preparing a comeback for the product. 
  
It has taken time. 

Fortunately, a bequest from a recently-deceased tripe lover means they have been able to invest heavily in advertising and social media. They now have a website and a YouTube Channel (to which they are inviting subscribers).  They seem to be using Facebook to good effect and recently offered me the post of Chief Twitter Feed. I can't pretend I'm unhappy as the retainer they have offered will pay for a nice little holiday somewhere warm over the winter (and I don't mean Southport!). 

As their slogan puts it: Love Life. Love Tripe. I don't think I could put it better than that myself. 



No comments: